Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweaty Bands vs Bondi Bands

I am a sweat band girl. I can't go out for a run with out a sweat band on. I am the dork that didn't know those elastic ones from work out videos in the 1980s weren't cool any more. I can attribute my discovery of Sweaty Bands and Bondi bands to my friends on thenest.com. I had always wondered where those UW Softball players got those functional and girly purple sparkle head bands I saw on television. For an athlete they also make a great stalking stuffer, which is why I am writing about them today. I have tried out both versions, depending on your needs either one might work for you.

Sweaty bands are a head band with cloth on the top and velvet sewn underneath. Around the bottom is an elastic band that gives it stretch.


Me in my sweaty band
 Bondi bands are made out of a stretchy wicking fabric. They stretch over and around your head and are great for under helmets for you bikers out there.

Racing in my Bondi band
I haven't had slipping issues with either product. Both stay in place on my head. The two head bands also keep sweat out of my eyes, but the Bondi bands work slightly better. For this reason I like the Bondi bands more for running. They are also easier to wash. The Sweaty bands are supposed to be hand washed, but I still put them in the wash and air dry them. They don't look so great now because of it, but not terrible. Bondi bands also have fun sayings on them. It may be odd, but they motivate me not to slack off. If I am wearing a 13.1 on my head, no one better see me walking.

I like my Sweaty bands more for cross training. They keep the hair out of my eyes. They don't work so well for the poring sweat when I am running. Sweaty bands are also stylish, so on days I don't have time to dry my hair or if I go straight from the gym to go out I still look cute. Sweaty bands are also more expensive than Bondi bands. There is more to them, so I can see why. There is a grab bag option on their web site, where you can get some at a slight discount.

So which one do I like more? Defiantly the Bondi bands. I get way more use out of them and they are easier to wash. They are less expensive, so I can afford one for everyday of the week. They also keep the sweat out of my eyes more when I am running.

No comments:

Post a Comment