Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So this is my blog...

It took me a while to decide if I wanted to start a blog. Once you start you can't stop. I am now forever committed to my followers. As a loyal person by nature I plan to at least give you guys some update once a week.

Since I got married earlier this year, I realized I have been talking about my races and giving advice in all different places. I would email friends, post it on Facebook, and talk about things online with friends. I figure it will be much easier for me to post it all in one place. Hopefully I can help out some other people as well.

Anyhow, a little about me. I am 28 and have been married for six months. I would say health and fitness for me has been a hobby since I graduated from college. I always ran about six miles a week, but this year is when I seriously became a runner. Two half marathons later, my husband would say I am obsessed. I love to do it. I enjoy other sports too though. I have been known to swim, hike, play tennis and basketball, and lift weights. I do not know why I never thought of myself as an athlete before now, but I would say I truly am. If it means I get to get up and get moving, sign me up.

I have also learned a lot about food this year. I have always been a healthier eater. I haven't eaten fast food in years. With all my training, I have really learned to try to eat the best options available to fuel for my runs. I do not know anyone who can say they had a great work out with a cheeseburger in their stomach.

I am not expert by any means. I have no degrees in training or nutrition. I am simply going to share my experiences and things that have worked well for me in my blog topics. I am just an average athlete and I hope to learn things from my readers as well, so please share your experiences in my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment