Friday, March 18, 2011

Vacation Run Hawaii

This past week I was in Maui, Hawaii for my little sister's wedding. I think it is physically impossible for me to go for a whole week without a work out, so I usually plan to get a couple runs in. Usually we do some hiking in Hawaii, but with H's injury that wasn't going to happen this time.

I ended up getting two three mile runs in. My body really had a tough time adjusting to the 80 degree weather from the 40 degree Seattle weather. We stayed just off the Ocean, so I chose to run along South Kihei Road. It is a flat road that goes for miles and runs along the Ocean and our condo. My favorite of the two runs was when I decided to run towards Wailea vs. North Kihei. There was more shade in the other direction and I just felt safer.



Above is the details of my run. My pace was really slow. The heat really was a problem for me, so I just took it easy. A slow run is better than no run. Getting out also helped me explore the area we were staying, so I knew some restaurants and cafes we might was to try out during our trip. I tried to look for ones with lines or a lot of people were eating at to see what might be good. It is a good vacation tip if you are staying in a town. By getting out it also helped me enjoy the view. Not too shabby. I get to go to the big island in two months. I cannot wait.

Kamaole Beach I, Kihei, Maui Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment