Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eight Months Pregnant and At the Gym

The last two weeks I have noticed an increase in the number of odd looks I get at the gym when I am working out.

I usually start my work outs on the elliptical or the treadmill and then do some lifting afterwards in the weight room. The weight room is some times a very touchy place. It can be filled with women, but often when I go it is filled with a bunch of 23 year old guys doing a 8pm work out, talking about the girl their friend took home the night before or how drunk they plan to get the following week end. Either way the looks I am starting to get when I am down there make me feel uncomfortable, so I have decided to move my lifting routine to home where I can do bicep curls in peace. I don't blame them, I would stare at me too. It is awfully odd and some what entertaining to see a very pregnant women doing lunges.

I am surprised I don't get more comments from people. They must be polite and follow the head phones on no talking rule. I have had a couple men give me support though. They tell me I look great and it is really good that I am still in there. It makes me feel good. One guy did start to go into how him and his wife were going to start trying for their second in a couple months.... TMI dude. The women have not said anything to me though. It fascinates me that it is mostly the guys talking to me about it, but I am not sure of a reason for the results I am seeing.

I have only seen one other pregnant woman at the gym. She was walking on the treadmill and so pregnant I am sure she was trying to get her labor to start. I only saw here that one time, so maybe it worked. She looked pretty miserable, so for her sake I hope it worked.

I thought I would come across more adversity and mean comments. All the strangers I have encountered have been really supportive though. They tell me I am a role model to other pregnant women and it makes me feel good. It keeps me going. Two months left.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope when I get pregnant I still can keep up my work out regime. I have friends who have to go on bed rest and that would just kill me. Good for you for going and fighting the stares!

    ReplyDelete