Monday, October 31, 2011

One Week Post Pardum

Over the past week I have had a chance to reflect on things. I have some more good stories. A lot of pregnancy books focus so much on during the pregnancy they forget to talk about what happens after. Plus this gives me a chance to share the final results of my pregnancy experience.

Where cool socks to deliver
Although, you might be want to be willing to toss them afterwards, depending on what happens. I wore knee high Seattle Seahawks socks during my labor and delivery process. They are my favorite socks.  I was going to post a link to them, but they are no longer available. They are really cushy and keep my feet warm. I got a TON of complements on them. It seems like every nurse and doctor that came in the room commented on them. Fortunately the survived the labor and delivery process to live another day.

Utilize the nurses
This is something H and I were really bad at. We really should have used them more. There were a couple of times H was sleeping and I needed help moving around with the baby. I would have gotten more sleep if I had called a nurse. Oh well.

Hospital food sucks
They brought me meals every day and it really was inedible. I wish we had packed more snacks. I wasn't ready for how hungry I would be. I ate what I would call double meals for the first three days. For breakfast I would have a scone and a ham and egg sandwich. For lunch I would have a meal plus a protien shake and for dinner I would eat dinner plus a snack about an hour later. I also keep granola bars by our nursing glider. Now I only eat maybe one in the middle of the night when I am feeding Hailey.

Weight gain and loss
My pregnancy ended with a weight gain of 25 pounds. I was up to 27, but lost two the last week I was pregnant. As of a week and a half post pardum, I lost 13 of those pounds. I never had to wear maternity pants after giving birth. I can wear all my old shirts now too. I still wear two of my GAP maternity shirts for two reasons, they are really comfy and they are really long. I highly recommend them as a gift for anyone expecting. I bought two other tanks from Old Navy and I didn't like them nearly as much. I am actually pretty happy with my body after delivery. My hips are a little wider right now (but shrinking) and I still have a little belly, but I would say I would feel confident in a bikini. I also have no stretch marks!! I am so happy and feel so lucky.
Getting energy back
Each day I have more and more energy. I feel more like myself. I am trying to take an afternoon nap, but it does not always happen. I am the worst napper. I have been taking some walks with Hailey when we have nice weather. The walks take a lot out of me, but it is nice to get outside. Each day we can go a little farther. (I also LOVE our Bob Stroller, I will post a review for it when I can start running again. Even for walks it is worth every penny.)

Night sweats
Since I am still shedding my water weight, I sweat really easily. The first day I was home and took a nap I woke up and had H bring my a towel because my neck was drenched in sweat. It felt like I had a fever, but I did not. It was weird to see muscle definition in my calves again. I had no idea how swollen I actually was. I figured I had just lost muscle tone because I was not working out as hard. It is nice to easily get my wedding ring on and off again.

Finally, since it is Halloween, I will share a picture of Hailey in her costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment