Monday, November 14, 2011

Launching Operation Four Pack Abs

At two weeks and two days after Hailey was born, I got permission to start working out from my doctor. She wants me to do more core work than running and I agree with her. My abs and lower back feel weak. That does not mean I did not take the opportunity the first day to go running though ;).

I ran two miles and it felt sooo incredibly good. It was a lot easier than I expected too. I ran almost the entire thing, although it did take me 30 minutes. Since then I have gone on five total runs, with an average pace of 12:30. Slow yes, but I will take it. The farthest I have run is three miles.

My current work out plan is to take 30 minutes when I have it and either go for a short run or do 30 minutes of strength training. As soon as I feel a little stronger I am going to start 30 Day Shred. At this time, I do not feel like I can make it through one of the work outs. I have gone on two runs with the jogging stroller. Hailey likes it so far, in fact some times she starts to cry when I slow down. It gives me a lot of incentive to go fast and keep running.


Hailey and I on our second family run
Operation four pack abs? It is a goal. We will see if I get there. Working out again feels so good. I feel so much better after a work out then I do a nap. H goes back to work in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can continue to get my daily work out in. Running outside will be a lot harder. I have to go to the trail to run with Hailey and I don't want to take her out in the rain or winter cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment