Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Year in Review, Resolutions for 2012

I looked back in my blog to see my goals from 2011. Here they are:

1) Run 1,000 miles
This one is a fail, my garmin only logged 581 miles. I probably have 650 miles adding in the treadmill runs I did last winter. Considering I quit running in June, I will count this one as a success because I would have smashed that goal had I not been pregnant.
2) Run my first 5k (it is so weird to think I have never raced one) AND my first sub nine minute pace at it.
This I did do! I actually ran two 5ks in 2011, Seattle's Valentine's Day Dash and the Seahawks 5k. I didn't achieve a sub nine minute pace. Thanks to Hailey being on board there was an unfortunate incident in the tunnel of love that cost me the extra four seconds I needed to make that goal.
3) Run my first full marathon (shooting for Portland in October)
Didn't happen. I was busy waddling down the Sammamish River trail during the Portland Marathon
4) Just be happy and stay healthy with what ever I accomplish
How can this not be true when I popped out a beautiful little baby? :) That I would say is an accomplishment.

I do not really do resolutions, so we'll call these goals for 2012:

1) Run a half marathon - I don't think a full is going to be achievable until Hailey is a little older. I'll settle for a half this year.
2) Run 1200 miles - That is a 100 miles a month, so about 25 miles a week. Right now I am doing about nine, so I am not on pace. I still think I can do it though. Those peak training weeks can make up for it.
3) Lose the baby weight - Currently that is another 9 pounds. I have a weigh in on Friday. I don't think I have made any progress since my last one. If anything I am just gaining back the muscle I lost.

2012 is going to be an awesome year. Good luck to everyone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment