Friday, January 27, 2012

Too many options, not enough time

I am struggling. I want to focus on running, but I also want to try too many new things. With only about 30 minutes available to work out I can't run and cross train in the same day. I'm struggling to decide and focus.

30 Day Shred - I'm still doing it. I'm on day 9 of level two. Just 12 more work outs and I am done. It is tempting to just bang them out and be in stinky work out clothes all day, but I just don't think I have the energy.

Gravity - I took this class one day a week at my gym before Hailey arrived. It gave me serious core strength and I won't be able to do it once I go back to work because all the class times interfere with my work schedule. I signed up in February to say good bye to it. I'm sad. Maybe I one day I will be able to get the trainer who runs it to do a 7:30 class (or I'll have a different job where I get home earlier).

Stroller Strides - I bought a Groupon for this class that was too good to refuse. I need to do it in February because, once again, the times don't work well with my work schedule. It was so cheap I don't mind only doing one or two classes if that's all the time I have. I worry about Hailey because her attention span is so small. If she is in motion she's fine (most of the time). I guess I will find out. I plan to blog about my experience after I go.

Crossfit - I REALLY want to try crossfit. I think I could get really into it. A friend of mine invited me to go with her, but the facility doesn't have day care. I can go before work but that means I can't run either. Maybe crossfit will replace my once a week Gravity class after I go back. We'll see.

Running - I need to run. I'm obsessed. I can't not do it. I haven't been able to lately because I was sick and due to the snow that refused to melt around here. Half Marathon training starts for me in mid February and it isn't looking realistic. I can barely survive three miles at the moment, let alone anything farther. Hopefully I'll surprise myself in the next to weeks. I really need to start getting more sleep in order to push myself harder. I should talk to Hailey about that :) .

So I'm torn. I'm not focused enough and trying to fit too much in. It's looking like Gravity Wednesday, stroller strides Saturday, and run the rest of the week? I think I have to drop 30 Day Shred until Hailey has a better nap schedule or until after I go back to work. I'm in good enough shape I think I can pick it back up in the middle. I'll make sure to follow up this blog for you guys in mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment