Sunday, July 1, 2012

Green Monster

I had been looking for something to take with me for breakfast after crossfit in the morning, since I refuse to get up at five am to have breakfast before leaving. (For the record I do eat a granola bar and about half a cup of juice before crossfit, my tummy isn't ready for a full meal). I figured a homemade green monster would be the perfect meal. Here's what I put in mine:

2 cups spinach
1 T flaxseed meal
1 banana
1 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
2 cups ice

(make sure to do it in that order to weigh down the spinach so it blends all the way)

Ta Da! Breakfast


I tried blending it the night before and freezing it, but it froze solid and I couldn't drink it until one in the afternoon. I found just getting everything set out the night before saves me enough time that I don't mind blending it in the morning. One of those Blender Bottles they sell at suppliment stores are the perfect container (leave the spriny thing out). The smoothy will start to separate after about an hour or so, so something that is air tight to shake it back up in is beneficial. I have some home grown strawberries to add to it this week. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment