Monday, December 13, 2010

Running in Silence

When I first started running I could not run with out my headphones. With out music I was dead on the treadmill. Over the last couple of months I noticed while I was running I had no recollection of what music I had actually just listened too. Then, two weeks ago something extremely annoying happened. My headphones broke.... again. (It actually turns out my iPod was broken, but that could be a whole different post). While I waited for my new favorite headphones to come in the mail, I gritted my teeth and headed out with out any music. I was just fine. Since then I have ran between 3 mile to 8 mile runs. I have not have any issues. There were times I wish I had a high paced song to push me through a hill or a sprint. Now I have my new headphones. I still prefer to run with music, but about 30% of the time it is nice to go with out. Just me and the road. It is a peaceful feeling.

2 comments:

  1. What headphones do you wear? I've been looking for good running ones for my little ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear these ones:
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/asym-white-1.html

    I have tried serveral different brands with no success and these really work. Definatley fiddle with the ear peice sizes too. I wear a larger one in my right ear than I do in my left.

    ReplyDelete