Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eating Organic

About two months ago H and I signed up for an organic delivery service. It took a little convincing to get H to buy off on it, but I got him to do it. We get ours from Eatin' Organics. A bin arrives on our doorstep every other week. Doing all this running really has me thinking harder about what I put into my body. It is near impossible for me to run even just five miles on a burger and french fries. Eating organic fruits and veggies has me feeling better overall. Plus, it is fun to try the new type of fruits and vegetables we get in our bin. Here is what our bin looked like this week:
In it we got a head of lettuce, yams, bananas, avocados, oranges, apples, and a red onion. The other nice thing about it is we can make substitutions (like that gross Kale that comes in our bin every now and again. I substituted it for bananas this week). Some of it is locally grown, but others are not (bananas?). The quality is better than what I have seen at the grocery store. This week I am going to use my yams to make candied sweet potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner. I would share the recipe but it is just in the Better Homes and Garden's cook book. Yeah, not the healthiest thing, but at least the yams are organic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment