Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Workout Blues

This year was my first true race season, therefore I am having my first true racing off season. The next race I will probably do is in February (Valentines Greenlake 5k, if you want to check it out). I am trying to keep my mileage up to make training easier later on, but I am lacking motivation with these dark Pacific northwest days. Running on the treadmill just isn't fun either. My longest run since September has been nine miles. I have been pretty good about at least getting in six milers on the week end.

I am starting to get in my speed work again. I had stopped two weeks before my half marathon and just did not pick it up again until October. I am also getting in more weight training. Since my miles are down I have more time to do at least some strength training.

Here is what I have done this week and what I have planned:

Monday - off
Tuesday - Ski conditioning with my favorite trainer Kelli
Wednesday - 3.5 miles on the treadmill, doing half mile sprints and half mile recovery
Thursday - 1 hour weight training with Kelli
Friday - Either a short 3 miler or an 8 mile run
Saturday - Do what ever I didn't do Friday
Sunday - Rest and Seahawks game

I am pretty tired from the last three days work outs. I might just take Friday off and do my short run Sunday morning before we leave for the game. At least that way I will be doing something to burn off energy before I sit for three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment