Saturday, April 2, 2011

Product Review: Adidas Marathon 10 Jacket

April showers may bring May flowers, but they also bring a lot of rain. So I get wet when I run outside. I know people say you'll get wet anyway from sweating. The question for me is how wet do I really want to get? I prefer only slightly damp myself. To solve this dilemma, I asked for the Adidas Marathon 10 jacket for Christmas thinking it would keep me dry but also warm during the winter months. So far it has worked really well. My mom also chose to buy me the bright 90's colored one (the sleeves have hot pink stripes), so I can be well seen. H thought it was cool, so he looked for a version in the guys section. Adidas does sell the Marathon 10 for guys, but they don't have cool colors like teal and hot pink for the men.

Me in my Marathon 10 Jacket

I have worn it on several below freezing runs, 28 degrees, 32 degrees, etc. It kept me warm and cool at the same time. The jacket has a lot of breathing holes in it so air can circulate. I found on my longer runs I would open the zipper 3/4 the way down after I got warmed up. I never felt the need to take it off, though. The sleeves have thumb holes in them so they stay down. I can wear my gloves under then pretty easily. The hood has a hole for my pony tail, if I ever wanted to wear it. I think I would be just too uncomfortable. I'd rather wear a hat. I have to any way to keep the rain off my face. The fabric is light weight and comfortable. The jacket is also easy to wash. The length on it is good (I am 5'10"). That was another thing I was concerned about.

I thought I would be able to wear my running watch under the sleeve, but I can't. I have to wear it on top. It is still comfortable. H says I look like a dork, but it works. The sleeves are slightly short for my long arms. I have been able to stretch out the thumb holes so it is comfortable to wear, but it was touch and go for a while. I thought I might have to return it.

Like I said it only keeps me from getting really really wet. I still don't stay 100% dry. It is much more comfortable to wear than the alternative. If I didn't wear it I would have to ring out my clothes when I got home. Wearing this jacket I don't. If you live some where rainy and have the cash, I would recommend adding this jacket to your running wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment