Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pregnancy Update: Working out and the second trimester

This is a summary of where I am at and what I experienced in my second trimester. I am really noticing a different in my body and energy level going into the third. I am so happy I am so close to the finish. I will try to do a recap on the third before the baby comes so I remember to do it.

My Body - For some reason in the second trimester I had a lot more trouble keeping food down than in the first. I think with me it is the inability of my stomach to make room for food and the baby in my belly causing me to spit up my food. I got put on anti nausea medicine and everything seems to be fine with the exception of maybe one or two incidents a month. My energy level went up and I have not had any crazy mood swings. My pregnancy so far seems to be contained to my belly, which I am very grateful for. My current weight gain is 15 points, so I think I am on track to gain 25 to 30 total. I feel pretty good about that.

Work outs - I stopped running at 20 weeks. It was hard, but I was just too uncomfortable. I still lift twice a week. My cardio is done on the elliptical, in the pool, or walking on an incline on the treadmill. This past sixth month work outs were getting a lot harder so I have dialed it down a notch by just pushing myself a little less. The thought of having to carry a 5 to 10 pound baby all the time plus a heavy car seat all the time keeps me motivated to continue to lift. Just doing a little now is going to make labor and getting back in shape a lot easier.

Food - My intense craving for hard boiled eggs and pickles have subsided, although I still enjoy them :) ... Work has been crazy so my new favorite snack is chocolate milk. It's a quick boost of calcium and protein. It tastes good and I can consume it at my desk while I am helping customers.

Well my daughter is currently kicking me in the side. She is probably trying to tell me it is time for dinner, so I am going to go eat. Happy week end!

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days of the food cravings. Mine were pickles and cheese (I glad it was not together....LOL).

    ReplyDelete