Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pregnancy Symptoms I am Suprised By

I will keep this one from getting too TMI I promise. :) I have been thinking a lot about the things I haven't experienced that most women do during their pregnancy. Now that I am at 34 weeks along I figure I have a pretty good comprehensive list. So here we go:

My hips haven't gotten bigger. Granted I have pretty big hips to begin with. I remember shopping for maternity pants at month five and the sales lady telling me it is okay they were a little baggy because at seven months my hips would expand, well it is half way through month eight and my pants are still falling off. Oh well.

My feet haven't gotten larger. This one is a tricky one though. I do get to sit at a desk all day and I notice when it gets really hot or if I am on my feet a lot they do swell up. At that point I make sure to sit and elevated them, but all my shoes still fit and thank God. At size 11 shoe, my feet can't afford to get much bigger.

My wedding ring still fits. This one I am really thankful for. As I do retain more water weight it is getting tighter, but I can still get it on and off and that's all I can ask for.

As of today, no strangers have touched or asked to touch my belly. I'm not counting this out from happening yet. I don't want to jinx it.

No one has also said anything really rude to me...yet. Like the one above, there is still time left. People have said odd things, like the dude that started to tell me how him and his wife were going to start trying for their second. Or the guy that cracked a joke about me being put in the corner because their was an alien in my tummy. Nothing too offensive though.

I am still working out. I thought it would be like pulling teeth to even get enough motivation to go for a walk at this point. I think in October I'll put my gym membership on hold for two months and stick to walking and my mini home gym to save money. We'll see.

I haven't gained a TON of weight. I'm up to 18 pounds right now. I had fear that I would be like Kate Hudson in her first pregnancy and gain 60.

I don't have any stretch marks (yet). I have heard they can show up after my tummy shrinks back down. I'm keeping my figures crossed.

Things that have happened to me:

I can get really sick (and often do) and have bad heart burn.

The over heat easily. Although I think at higher temperatures than normal pregnant women, but it does affect me.

Shortness of breath, the baby loves to kick me in the lungs.

I get tired easier, but I haven't felt like sleeping at my desk.

That's about it. I really think it is 60% my lifestyle and 40% genetics for the reason some of these things haven't happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment