Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking back on 2010 and goals for 2011

Last year was the year I took my fitness to a whole different level. Here is what I accomplished in 2010:

1) Ran eight races, one 4 mile, two 8ks, one 10k, two 12ks, and two Half Marathons
2) My fasted recorded mile is 7:15
3) My 8 to 10k pace is between 9:15 and 9:30
4) Half Marathon pace is still hovering around 10 minute miles
5) I ran a total of 785 miles.

I would say my two best races this year were the Torchlight 8k and RNR Seattle Half Marathon. These are the races I felt the best. I am most proud of my time for Torchlight, with a 9:08 pace for five miles. RNR was my first Half Marathon and definitely got me addicted. I wish I would have pushed harder out of the gate, but I think I felt so good at the finish because I started slow.

These are my goals right now for 2011:

1) Run 1,000 miles
2) Run my first 5k (it is so weird to think I have never raced one) AND my first sub nine minute pace at it.
3) Run my first full marathon (shooting for Portland in October)
4) Just be happy and stay healthy with what ever I accomplish

H is also talking about doing a triathlon in Eastern Washington. I will probably join him if he puts it together. Running is my weakest skill, so I think I will be a natural at it. We will see. Here is to a new year full of running and new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment