Monday, February 7, 2011

We Go Commando

Full disclosure - If you are reading this and you don't want to know what I do or do not wear under my running tights then stop reading now... really stop, click off the page.... I'll have a new post for you later this week, I promise. Okay new post started!

I admit it. When I work out in the gym I check out other girls. It is easy to do and sometimes good motivation to work harder. One thing I always wondered is how they hide their underwear lines while working out. Wearing a thong while excersizing just does not sound like fun and I had yet to find anything else that works just as well. After some trial and error decided going commando was the best option, especially for running. Cotton underwear absorbs to much sweat. It is just uncomfortable. All the drifit options I found were expensive, caused rolling up (the boy shorts) and wedgie issues.

There are some rules for going commando though. So here are some tips:

Only certain pants are meant for working out with out underwear. Anything with a very distinctive seams are not met for going commando. Anything with a flat seam is safe.

Never go commando when a bench work out is planned. Generally more than one layer of material is required between special parts and shared equipment. Nuff said.

Invest in an anti-chaffing product. Body Glide is my favorite. I always use it for anything five miles or longer.

Feel the breeze. The first time not having to take of soaked cotton underwear you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment