Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back at the Gym

During the Summer months and when I am training for a race, I do not go to the actual gym a lot. It is much easier for me to run outside and lift from home. Now that I have not been running, I have been using my gym membership more. I have to say it feels really good to be back. The air conditioning will start feeling better and better if it ever starts getting warmer outside. I like having more options with exercises too. Here's a few I did on Thursday. I got these from my favorite trainer, Kellie.

Airplanes - This one I can't really describe. It's a combination of a balance exercise and rows. You stand on one leg and then pull your arm and leg in at the same time. (2 sets of 12 on each side)

Monster Walks - Requires a resistance band, which I don't have at home. You place the band around your ankles and try to take large steps forward. It looks and feels like walking like a monster. If you don't feel like a zombie you are doing it wrong. (walk about 50 yards)

Wall sits with bicep curl on the exercise ball - Put the exercise ball on the wall and put your back up against it. Get down into a sitting position, doing a bicep curl at the same time and come back up. (3 sets of 20)

There is one side effect of me being at the actual gym more. I think our cat Corona missing helping me with my work outs. I got this picture of her trying pass for one of my weights. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment