Friday, June 24, 2011

More lifting work outs

I am enjoying my lifting work outs right now, so I thought I would share what I did at the gym today (on top of my 30 minutes on the elliptical).

Weighted lunges - I grabbed two five pound weights (light kettlebells work well too) and let them hang from my sides. (Do 20 lunges on each leg, or walk down a long hallway and back)

Step ups or hops - This is really good to do in between exercises to keep your heart rate up. I did hops onto StairMaster with two lifts underneath it before I got pregnant. Now the only place I hop is into bed, so I step up and down. (Do for one minute)

Push Ups - Use the StairMaster again so you are on an incline and do 20 push ups.

Hamstring Curl Machine - Do 20 each leg on a low weight. I did 20 pounds.

Chest Press - Lie on a bench and keep your legs up in the air to work those abs, even being pregnant I can still feel them. (20 times)

Kettlebell Obliques - Pick up a pretty heavy kettlebell in one arm (I used 20 pounds. A weight will work, but I find kettlebells to be more effective) and work those obliques (the muscles on your sides, you know where love handles grow). Let the weight drag your shoulder down and use your oblique on the opposite side to bring your shoulder back up. (20 each side)

No comments:

Post a Comment