Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time of Running Death 20 Weeks Pregnant

This week marks the end of running during my pregnancy. Some girls can go farther; I am just not one of them. It became uncomfortable with the baby bouncing around. I enjoyed the running, but I was not feeling well at the same time. I have decided there are other things I can do both the baby and I will enjoy more.

I am still working out four days a week. I have more energy now than in my first trimester, so on my days off I am trying to incorporate a walk on those days. I sit at a desk all day for work, so getting some fresh air really helps. I am lifting three days a week, instead of the two I was doing before when I was running more miles. For cardio I am doing the elliptical at the gym and stairs. I also hope to start swimming again. I need to go get a new suit though. I fit in my racing suit two weeks ago, but I do not thing I will any more.

The stairs to Crestwood's Park
Meet my new best friend and worst enemy are the stairs to Crestwood's Park in Kirkland. Just a brisk walk from our home the stairs are the perfect work out spot. It is also popular with many of my neighbors. On memorial day I counted 30 people on the stairs at one point. With 211 stairs to climb, it would be a good training spot for The Big Climb in Seattle.

My nutrition is going pretty well. As the baby gets bigger I am having a really hard time eating any full size meals, with out losing it a half an hour later. My snack times are still at 11 am and 4pm. On occasion I have split my lunch between one and my four pm snack. The same goes with dinner at seven and nine pm. I cannot have my coffee with my breakfast any more. I have to slowly sip it over an hour or two. My cravings continue to be pickles and hard boiled eggs. I have also added Swedish Fish and tartar sauce to the mix. I don't combine the Swedish fish with the tartar sauce, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment