Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Race Report: PACE 10k Kirkland

This past Sunday I ran in the PACE 10k in Kirkland. It is a race to raise awareness for prostate cancer and had about a thousand people participate between the 10k/5k runs and walks. It was probably the smallest race I have done so far. My official time was 39:55. That is a pace of 9:40 per mile over 6.2 miles. I do not consider it bad considering the first two miles are up hill and I have been having trouble with my right hamstring. I did not want to push it too hard and injure myself. Lesson learned - I will not do speed training the week of a race.

The course itself was nice. It is hilly to start out, but you get all your hills out of the way early and I found it to be a good challenge. The turn home is pretty too, since it runs right along Lake Washington Boulevard.

The weather held out for us too. It was pouring rain when we got there. I was prepared to get drenched. As soon as the race began, the weather changed to a nice misty rain. It kept me cool, with out getting soaked.

I did not have a race photographer for this event, but if there are any good photos posted online from the official race photographers I promise to post them here. T

Thanks to Hubs and a friend for running it with me. I do not have another race scheduled right now. The soonest will most likely be December.

No comments:

Post a Comment