Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recipes for Healthy Eating - Squash Spaghetti

I have always been a pretty healthy eater since leaving my teenage years. In college my breakfast did consist on strawberry Poptarts every morning, but they were the low fat ones so I figure it could be worse :) ... Any how since I have started running so much I have taken things to the next level. I have been trying to eat more vegetables and eat cleaner (less processed foods and more organic fruits and veggies). I find I just feel better, my belly is a little flatter, and I have more energy for my runs.

This is a recipe I got from one of my good friends while I was in Colorado. Too bad I will probably never get my husband to eat it. It tasted great and I could not taste the squash at all. It would be a good recipe to try to get kids to eat their veggies too.

Spaghetti Squash:

Ingredients -
One Spaghetti Squash
Ground Turkey
Your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half and brush olive oil over the inside. Place on cookie sheet inside the over. Cook for 30 minutes.

While Squash is baking, cook turkey and heat up the sauce. Once squash is cooked take a fork and scrape out the squash. The Spaghetti Squash becomes the "noodles" of the dish. Cover the squash with meat and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment