Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vacation Run Colorado

I spent this past weekend in Colorado Springs visiting a friend from high school. I really learned to love Colorado while I was over there. It is so cool to have so many trails and parks. The idea of just taking off every weekend to climb a mountain or mountain bike is just so romantic. By Sunday of this past week I was itching to go for a run, after three days off. My friend took us up to a park that has 360 degree views of Colorado Springs. You can see downtown, Garden of the Gods, and of course all the mountains. Below is video of the view and a picture.
By Sunday, I was feeling pretty used to the altitude. (Colorado Springs is at an elevation of 6,035 feet above sea level). My three mile run felt great. I got a little tired towards the end. I attribute that more to the trail running rather than the thin air. I wish I could run here again. I guess I will have to wait for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment