Friday, January 7, 2011

Races for 2011 so far

I just signed up for my first two races this year. The first one is going to be the Valentine's Day Dash 5k around Greenlake in Seattle. The second race is the Seahawks 12k in Renton Landing.

This will be my first 5k race and my first Valentine's Day Dash. I am shooting for just under a nine minute mile pace.

Last year at Seahawks I my time was 1:13:19. That is a time I am really proud of. I think it worked out to be about a 9:33 pace per mile. I am hoping I can repeat that, but it is pretty far off.

I am starting to pick up mileage a little bit again. I am mostly just lengthening my week day runs to have the shortest be 4 miles instead of 3 miles. I am still doing a maximum of nine miles on the weekend.

Planned training for the rest of the week:

Saturday - Long Run (8 miles) or 4 miles and cross train (depending on weather)
Sunday - What ever I didn't do Saturday
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 4 to 5 miles
Wednesday - Gravity with my favorite trainer and elliptical to warm-up
Thursday - 4 mile treadmill intervals (1 mile warm up, .5 mile at 8:30 pace, .25 at half marathon pace, repeat, .5 mile cool down)
Friday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment